- ABOUT US
- HEALTH & SAFETY
- MEDIA CENTER
Bruce W. Dayton, PhD
Bruce has been active in conflict transformation, crisis management, and leadership training for over 20 years as a practitioner, a researcher, and an educator. In addition to his books, he has published articles on conflict, crisis management, and leadership in the Negotiation Journal, International Studies Perspectives, Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, and International Studies Review.
Bruce has provided training on dispute resolution, conflict management, and crisis management to leaders in more than a dozen countries. His previous appointments include associate director of the Moynihan Institute of Global Affairs; research co-director at the Program for the Advancement of Research on Collaboration and Conflicts; and research professor, all at the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University. He also previously served as executive director of the International Society for Political Psychology and as an associate at the Center for Policy Negotiation in Boston, where he designed and facilitated multi-stakeholder dialogues around energy and environmental conflicts.
- Dayton, Bruce W. and Louis Kriesberg (eds.) (2017). Waging Conflicts Constructively: Principles, Cases and Practice. Lanham: Rowman and Littlefield
- Kriesberg, Louis and Bruce W. Dayton (2017). Constructive Conflicts: From Escalation to Resolution5th Edition. Lanham: Rowman and Littlefield.
- Dayton, Bruce W. and Louis Kriesberg (eds.) (2009). Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding: Moving From Violence to Sustainable Peace. London: Routledge.
Peacebuilding, mediation, dialogue, crisis management, leadership
- PhD, Maxwell School of Syracuse University
- MA, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- BA, Ithaca College