- ABOUT US
- HEALTH & SAFETY
- MEDIA CENTER
SIT announces lineup of study abroad programs for summer 2024
Announcement Date: September 14, 2023 | Uncategorized
Welcome to summer!
Just when you’ve stowed your beach gear and are settling back into campus life, SIT announces a roster of immersive study abroad programs for summer 2024. What better way to extend the summer state of mind than to start planning your travel abroad for next year?
SIT has added three new programs to its lineup of summer experiences:
On Jordan's Internship in Climate and Sustainability, you will contribute to the design of projects that support local communities as they address development and environmental challenges. Jordan is advancing innovative approaches to sustainable practices in water scarcity, organic farming, food security, and sustainable energy.
Panama: Marine Ecology & Blue Carbon Conservation in the Pacific & Caribbean examines diverse ecosystems that include some of the Earth’s most threatened species. You’ll study mangrove forests, coral reefs, and seagrass beds in a country that extends from the Pacific Ocean to the Caribbean Sea. Learn about carbon accumulation and marine ecology in spectacular settings, snorkel in one of Panama’s top diving sites, and conduct research under the guidance of renowned marine biologists.
In South Africa, SIT's Journalism & Digital Media program pairs you with award-winning journalists in some of the country’s best newsrooms to learn the ropes of an international media environment. You’ll create a field-based journalistic or digital media project that conforms to the highest professional standards—and you’ll return home a published journalist!
SIT’s 22 multidisciplinary summer programs in 16 countries are relevant to a range of interests and majors, with formats that range from skills-building internships to intensive language learning, from hands-on research to creative arts workshops. The programs are all built around a core set of critical global issues and each carries between six and nine undergraduate credits.
If science, conservation, and ecology spark your interest, you can take a geologic trek in the spectacular Annapurna region of Nepal, observe geothermal activity in Iceland, or explore the megadiverse forests of Indonesia.
Jumpstart your healthcare career track in Madagascar, Vietnam, or India, where you’ll analyze traditional and modern medical systems. We also return to Rwanda for an unflinching perspective on the 1994 genocide and the reconciliation and development efforts that have emerged to help Rwandans heal and rebuild.
If Europe is your destination of choice, options include the arts in the Czech Republic, food security in Italy, human trafficking in The Netherlands, sustainability and social justice in Spain, diplomacy or global health in Switzerland, and more.
Read about these and other programs at studyabroad.sit.edu, where you can also filter programs according to interest, location, and other specifics.
It's not too early to start planning now. Applications open Sept. 15. Happy summer!
- Colombia: Building a Culture of Peace
- Czech Republic: Arts Studios in Creative Writing, Contemporary Dance & Photography
- Iceland: Renewable Energy, Technology & Resource Economics (Summer 1)
- Iceland: Renewable Energy, Technology & Resource Economics (Summer 2)
- India: Traditional Medicine & Healthcare Practices
- Indonesia: Biodiversity & Conservation in Bali & Borneo
- Italy: Food Security & Nutrition
- Jordan: Internship in Climate Change and Sustainability
- Jordan: Counseling & Humanitarian Action Internship
- Jordan: Intensive Arabic Language Studies
- Madagascar: Traditional Medicine & Healthcare Systems
- Nepal: Geoscience in the Himalaya
- Netherlands: Human Trafficking, Sex Trade & Modern Slavery in Europe
- Panama: Marine Ecology & Blue Carbon Conservation in the Pacific & Caribbean
- Rwanda: Peace & Conflict Studies
- South Africa: Internship in Diplomacy, Politics & International Relations
- South Africa: Journalism & Digital Media
- South Africa: Social Justice & Activism Internship
- Spain: Sustainable Urban Development & Social Justice
- Switzerland: Global Health & Development Policy
- Switzerland: International Studies & Multilateral Diplomacy
- Vietnam: Traditional Medicine & Community Health