Vietnam: Culture, Social Change, and Development
- How to Choose a Program
- View SIT Study Abroad Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- View the 2013 Overview Brochure (PDF, 1MB)
- View the 2013 Semester Catalog (PDF, 4MB)
- View the 2013 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- View Our Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Academic Resources/Library
- Track Your Application Online
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear
Homestays provide additional context for language and thematic coursework while directly immersing students in the rhythms and activities of Vietnamese daily life.
Ho Chi Minh City
Students live with a middle-class family in Ho Chi Minh City for three weeks; typically the host family has at least one university student of a similar age to program participants. The homestay provides students with an excellent opportunity to practice language skills, and typically students engage with their host families in many different cultural activities, including family visits, weddings, and outdoor picnics. Homestays in Ho Chi Minh City are coordinated by the Youth Union at the University of Economics.
Other accommodations during the program include guest houses, hostels, or small hotels.
Duration: 15 weeks
Program Base: Ho Chi Minh City
Language Study: Vietnamese
View Student Evaluations for this program: