Switzerland: International Studies and Multilateral Diplomacy (Summer)
- How to Choose a Program
- View SIT Study Abroad Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- View the 2013 Overview Brochure (PDF, 1MB)
- View the 2013 Semester Catalog (PDF, 4MB)
- View the 2013 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- View Our Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Academic Resources/Library
- Track Your Application Online
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear
“The homestay coordinator at SIT put great thought and effort into pairing up students with their homestay families. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect host family!”
Megan Godfrey, University of Oregon
Students live with a homestay family in the French-speaking canton of Vaud, immersing them in Francophone culture. Students are able to enhance their French language skills and also gain additional insight into the traditional values of the Swiss political system: federalism, tolerance, respect for minorities, neutrality, and direct democracy.
Most homestay families are located northeast of Geneva near Nyon. Students typically utilize the area’s excellent public transportation system, traveling regularly by train or bus. Students live with their host family for the length of the program.
Duration: 6 weeks
Program Base: Geneva
Language Study: French
Prerequisites: None required, but students with at least basic French proficiency will be at a linguistic advantage. Read more...
View Student Evaluations for this program: