India: Health and Human Rights
- How to Choose a Program
- View SIT Study Abroad Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- View the 2014 Overview Brochure (PDF, 2MB)
- View the 2014 Semester Catalog (PDF, 8MB)
- View the 2014 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- View Our Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Academic Resources/Library
- Track Your Application Online
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear
By living with Indian host families, students have an excellent opportunity to practice language skills and share daily life, including many memorable meals. Students may also experience special cultural activities including religious ceremonies and weddings.
Students live with a homestay family in New Delhi for approximately nine weeks. Carefully selected families are typically middle class and of various sizes and religious backgrounds. A majority of host families have multiple generations living under one roof and are typically located in residential neighborhoods where transportation, shopping, and Internet resources are easily accessible.
Some of the students opting for rural workshops have an opportunity to live for a few days with local communities in the remote villages of the Udaipur district in Rajasthan.
Duration: 15 weeks
Program Base: New Delhi
Language Study: Hindi
View Student Evaluations for this program:
888.272.7881 (toll-free in US)
PO Box 676, 1 Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA