IHP Health and Community: Globalization, Culture, and Care (Fall)
- How to Choose a Program
- View SIT Study Abroad Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- View the 2013 Overview Brochure (PDF, 1MB)
- View the 2013 Semester Catalog (PDF, 4MB)
- View the 2013 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- View Our Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Academic Resources/Library
- Track Your Application Online
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear
Students live with a host family for two to four weeks in all locations other than the first country. Homestays are the primary form of accommodation on the program. (Other accommodations include hotels or hostels). Homestay families provide students the opportunity to live as integrated members of their host communities. In sharing daily life, conversations, family stories, celebrations, and community events, students not only learn a tremendous amount, but often develop lasting friendships.
Duration: Fall, 16 weeks
USA, India, Vietnam, South Africa
Prerequisites: None. Coursework in public health, anthropology, biology, or related field recommended.
Spring Option 1 Itinerary
Other Program Options:
Spring Option 2 Itinerary
View Student Evaluations for this program:
About the Evaluations (PDF)