IHP Cities in the 21st Century: People, Planning, and Politics (Fall)
- How to Choose a Program
- View SIT Study Abroad Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- View the 2013 Overview Brochure (PDF, 1MB)
- View the 2013 Semester Catalog (PDF, 4MB)
- View the 2013 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- View Our Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Academic Resources/Library
- Track Your Application Online
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear
Students live with a host family for between three and four weeks at each program site other than in the US. Homestays are the primary form of accommodation on the program. (Other accommodations include hotels or hostels.) Host families provide students with the opportunity to live as an integrated member of their community. In sharing daily life, conversations, family stories, celebrations, and community events, students not only learn a tremendous amount, but often develop lasting friendships.
Duration: Fall, 17 weeks
New Orleans, LA, USA; Sao Paulo & Curitiba, Brazil; Cape Town, South Africa; Hanoi, Vietnam.
Prerequisites: Previous college-level coursework and/or other preparation in urban studies, anthropology, political science, or other related fields is strongly recommended but not required. Learn More...
Fall program travel itinerary
Other Program Options:
Spring program travel itinerary
View Student Evaluations for this program:
About the Evaluations (PDF)