Cameroon: Social Pluralism and Development
- How to Choose a Program
- View SIT Study Abroad Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- View the 2013 Overview Brochure (PDF, 1MB)
- View the 2013 Semester Catalog (PDF, 4MB)
- View the 2013 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- View Our Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Academic Resources/Library
- Track Your Application Online
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear
Students spend a total of five weeks with a homestay in Yaoundé, two weeks with a host family in the Western Region of Cameroon (Dschang), and two weeks with a family in Ngaoundéré. During the Independent Study Project period, students also stay with local families.
These comparative homestay experiences give students a better understanding of the differences between urban and rural areas and facilitate immersion in Cameroonian host communities. Students often make long lasting connections with their host families. The homestay experience is closely tied to the program's thematic seminar and allows students to deepen their understanding of the themes covered through the program’s coursework.
Other accommodations during the program could include hostels, private homes, and small hotels.
Duration: 15 weeks
Program Base: Cameroon, Yaounde
Language Study: French, Fulfulde, Pidgin English
Prerequisites: 3 semesters French Read more...
View Student Evaluations for this program: