Chile: Cultural Identity, Social Justice, and Community Development
- How to Choose a Program
- View SIT Study Abroad Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- View the 2014 Overview Brochure (PDF, 2MB)
- View the 2014 Semester Catalog (PDF, 8MB)
- View the 2014 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- View Our Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Academic Resources/Library
- Track Your Application Online
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear
Students live for seven weeks with a Chilean host family located in the city of Valparaíso or Viña del Mar. Host families are generally middle class and many are single parent families (usually headed by a woman) living in safe but relatively modest homes.
Students also spend three days living with an indigenous family in the southern region of the country (near Temuco).
By living with host families, students gain important insights into Chilean social relations, improve their language skills, and experience daily life in Chile.
Other accommodations during the program include hostels, private homes, or small hotels.
Duration: 15 weeks
Program Base: Valparaiso
Language Study: Spanish
Prerequisites: 3 semesters Spanish Read more...
View Student Evaluations for this program:
888.272.7881 (toll-free in US)
PO Box 676, 1 Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA