Argentina: Public Health in Urban Environments
- How to Choose a Program
- View SIT Study Abroad Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- View the 2013 Overview Brochure (PDF, 1MB)
- View the 2013 Semester Catalog (PDF, 4MB)
- View the 2013 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- View Our Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Academic Resources/Library
- Track Your Application Online
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear
The homestay in Buenos Aires begins during orientation and continues throughout the semester. During excursions, students stay in other accommodations, such as small hotels or hostels.
Each student lives with an Argentine host family. Host families come from different social and cultural backgrounds and are situated in various neighborhoods around the city (such as Almagro, Caballito, Monserrat, Barracas) and/or the Buenos Aires greater metropolitan area, such as the city of Avellaneda (20 minutes by bus to ISALUD). All homestay sites have good access to ISALUD University. Some host families have students attending the university.
Living with a host family gives students an excellent opportunity to practice their Spanish and partake in daily life in a local neighborhood.
Duration: 15 weeks
Program Base: Argentina, Buenos Aires
Language Study: Spanish
Prerequisites: Three college semesters of Spanish and relevant coursework Read more...
View Student Evaluations for this program: