India: Traditional Medicine and Healthcare Practices (Summer)
- How to Choose a Program
- View SIT Study Abroad Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- View the 2013 Overview Brochure (PDF, 1MB)
- View the 2013 Semester Catalog (PDF, 4MB)
- View the 2013 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- View Our Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Academic Resources/Library
- Track Your Application Online
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear
Experience traditional healthcare systems across the Indian Himalayas.
Site visits and excursions are an integral part of the program. Students spend time at hospitals, NGO headquarters, and academic and research institutes in Delhi and other areas of North India.
Most excursions outside Delhi are to remote areas of India and provide a better understanding of how marginalization affects the lives and health of India’s indigent populations. Excursion destinations may include Nainital, Rishikesh, Palampur, and Dharmshala.
During excursions, students interact with community members and traditional health practitioners. They learn firsthand about ongoing struggles to survive and the challenges in acquiring adequate healthcare services in remote locations.
Duration: 6 weeks
Program Base: New Delhi
View Student Evaluations for this program: