To start, we will consider your needs related to coursework, language instruction, and other in-country experiences, as well as housing, classroom space, and excursions.
After we’ve discussed your initial ideas and needs, here’s how we proceed:
- Program Proposal: We will prepare a proposal that includes program details and cost.
- Agreement: Both parties agree to move forward with the program.
- Program Development: During this phase, we communicate regularly about the program’s itinerary and curriculum.
- Program Operation: All programs are accompanied by an SIT Study Abroad staff member.
- Follow Up and Evaluation: Following program completion, we evaluate the experience in ways that allow the program to evolve and grow.
- Annual Programs: Custom programs offered annually require less work up front from faculty and staff after the program’s initial year.
Examples of Partner Institutions
- Northeastern University
- Duke University
- The Rwanda Presidential Scholars Consortium
- Brandeis University
- Smithsonian Institute
- Texas A&M
- University of California, San Diego
- Colgate University
- Luther College
- Princeton (Bridge Year)
- Wofford College
Learn more about SIT Custom Programs: