IHP Health and Community: Globalization, Culture, and Care (Spring 1)
- How to Choose a Program
- View SIT Study Abroad Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- View the 2013 Overview Brochure (PDF, 1MB)
- View the 2013 Semester Catalog (PDF, 4MB)
- View the 2013 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- View Our Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Academic Resources/Library
- Track Your Application Online
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear
SIT Study Abroad program fees include all courses, educational excursions, health insurance, and full room and board for the entire program period. Fees and additional expenses are based on all known circumstances at the time of calculation. Due to the unique nature of our programs and the economics of host countries, SIT reserves the right to change its fees or additional expenses without notice.
|Room & board:||$4,400|
|Airfare to all countries & group travel:||$4,000|
|Estimated Additional Costs:|
These costs are only estimates for visa and personal expenses. Personal spending varies widely among students. These estimates do not include domestic travel to and from program beginning and end points or health care costs. Fees and additional expenses are based on all known circumstances at the time of calculation. Due to the unique nature of SIT Study Abroad programs and the fluctuating economies of host countries, SIT Study Abroad reserves the right to change its fees without notice.
Program fees include:
- Full room and board
- Group airfare and group related travel
- Group excursions
- Emergency sickness and accident insurance
- Other direct program expenses
Personal costs not included in the program fee:
- Visa application fees
- Personal expenses/incidentals
- Vacation expenses
- Local transportation
- Domestic travel to reach a program's point of departure from the U.S.
- Domestic travel home from the program's point of entry in the U.S. after the program
- Health care
- Discretionary travel undertaken before, during, or after the semester
Please Note: Fees and additional expenses are based on all known circumstances at the time of calculation. Due to the unique nature of our programs and the economics of host countries, SIT reserves the right to change its fees or additional expenses without notice.
Duration: Spring, 16 weeks
United States, India, Argentina, South Africa
Prerequisites: None. Coursework in public health, anthropology, biology, or related field recommended.
Spring Option 1 Itinerary
Other Program Options:
Health and Community Spring 2 Itinerary
View Student Evaluations for this program:
About the Evaluations (PDF)