SIT Graduate Institute TESOL Certificate
“The commitment, dedication and professionalism of the trainers was superb. I was dazzled by my observations of their lessons and learned so many things from their manner, presence, and gentle firmness that I want to carry into my own teaching."
—Jan Church, Course Participant
All of our courses are delivered by World Learning SIT Licensed Teacher Trainers
World Learning SIT Licensed Trainers are all highly qualified and passionate teacher educators.
They all have demonstrated deep knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Designing workshops on teaching using an inductive approach
- Teaching the four skills, culture, grammar, and all aspects of lesson planning
- Guiding participants in reflective practice
- Responding to written work in an affirmative way
- Taking observation notes of participant teaching
- Leading post-teaching feedback sessions
- Competency-based assessment
They are licenced through a rigorous 300 hour training up process that includes both online and face to face mentorship:
- Stage one of the process provides essential background knowledge and skills needed by trainers before moving on to the next step; training on an actual SIT TESOL Certificate course. This stage consists of 40 hours of online coursework with a mentor trainer.
- Stages two and three of the process provides trainees with an opportunity to work alongside a mentor trainer observing and delivering workshops, feedback sessions and written assessments on two actual SIT TESOL Certificate courses. This stage consists of 260 hours of observation and training with a mentor trainer.
SIT Graduate Institute TESOL Certificate Program
SIT Graduate Institute
1 Kipling Road, P.O. Box 676
Brattleboro, Vermont 05302-0676