Remote User Policy
- Registered students, staff, and faculty may check out books from the Donald B. Watt Library. Library books will only be mailed within the United States and Canada. The following items cannot be retrieved or mailed to students: Items that have restricted use such as reference books or whole issues or volumes of magazines or journals. All books have a due date one month from check out. Books can be renewed as long as no one else has requested the book. Patrons are responsible for books checked out in their name until they are returned. We recommend that the patron pack the books securely for return and insure them in case of loss or damage.
- Registered students, staff, and faculty may request articles from journals to be mailed to them. A full citation including the journal name, article name, volume number, issue number, date, and page number must be included with in the request. We will send articles anywhere in the world but please note that delivery to foreign countries will take longer.
- The Library will not be able to get books on interlibrary loan for any remote users. We recommend that patrons contact their local library if they need to acquire interlibrary loan books. If a registered student, staff member, or faculty member only needs one chapter out of a book we may be able to get it on interlibrary loan and photocopy the one chapter for them. Due to staff constraints we will not be able to photocopy more than one chapter and cannot provide this service more than three times per person.
- Registered students, staff, and faculty will have access to the library’s electronic resources. Articles that are not in our full-text databases may be requested on interlibrary loan by sending a complete citation (see number 2 above) to the library.
- The library is always available to help you with research questions. Research help is available to all students, alumni, staff, and faculty.
(Text us a question of up to 160 characters. SMS service hours are Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm. Your phone number is not visible to us. Your provider's standard text messaging rates may apply.)
PO Box 676, Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA