Student Life: International Students

Information for Current International Students

Student Employment:
A benefit of your Student (F-1) or Exchange Visitor (J-1) visa status is the eligibility to seek employment, both on- and off-campus. It is relatively easy to start working on campus as you, most likely, will be eligible as soon as you check-in with ISSO. There are three types of employment options for students in F-1 status and two for exchange visitors in J-1 status, which are listed below.

On campus work:  As an international student you are permitted to work on campus once you have registered for classes and found a work opportunity on campus.  You are allowed to work twenty hours per week while school is in session.

Practical Training:
Click on the links to learn more about the employment option and the specific details of each.

Click for information regarding career services.

New Address Update:
U.S. Mailing Address Change: notify us within 10 days of the change.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) require students in F-1 status to update the ISSO office with their living address whenever it changes. This needs to happen within 10 days of a move. Please fill out and submit this form with your new address and submit a new form every time you change your U.S. living/mailing address.

Read the Online Viewbook

Apply Now

Continue My Application

Connect With Us

Connect icons


800.336.1616 (toll free in US)
802.258.3510 (outside the US)



Mailing Address:
PO Box 676, 1 Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA

Contact us by email.