Career and Practicum Services Center (CPSC)
Career Services for Employers
Recruiting top professionals has never been easier.
SIT/World Learning offers employers the following resources:
Review Job Candidates.
Using the online career tool, Career Connections, employers can view resumes and a pool of SIT job candidates, as well as correspond with students directly.
To create an account:
Post Job, Practicum, and Internship Positions
Career Connections can help you recruit high quality candidates for your practicum/internship position needs.
To create an account:
- The practicum/internship must be a professional position directly related to the student’s academic degree and area of concentration.
- The position must be the equivalent of six months full-time employment (approximately 40 hours a week) or part-time (20 hours a week) employment for one year. It is also possible for student to complete two three-month, full-time experiences in two different organizations or venues.
- The position may be paid (either a professional salary or a stipend) or voluntary (unpaid). The organization may provide room and board (in lieu of or in addition to a salary.)
- The position must include an on-site supervisor who oversees the student according to the standards of the organization in which the student is working. SIT will ask for two specific documents from the on-site supervisor:
- A letter confirming the appointment of the student as an employee or intern in the organization. The letter should provide a general description of the student's tasks and responsibilities, the dates of the expected contract, and identification of the on-site supervisor.
- A written evaluation of the student’s performance in the organization to be submitted to SIT at the end of the practicum.
Federal Work-Study Program
Local businesses and organizations may offer part-time positions to current SIT Graduate Institute students who are participating in the Federal Work-Study program. Students with a work-study position generally work between 8 and 12 hours each week. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802 258-3111 if you are interested in participating in the program.
800.257.7751 (toll free in US)
802.258.3397 (outside the US)
PO Box 676, 1 Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA