Career and Practicum Services Center (CPSC)
Career Services for Employers
Recruiting top professionals has never been easier.
SIT/World Learning offers employers the following resources:
Review Job Candidates.
Using the online career tool, Career Connections, employers can view resumes and a pool of SIT job candidates, as well as correspond with students directly.
To create an account:
Post Job, Practicum, and Internship Positions
Career Connections can help you recruit high quality candidates for your practicum/internship position needs.
To create an account:
- The practicum/internship must be a professional position directly related to the student’s academic degree and area of concentration.
- The position must be the equivalent of six months full-time employment (approximately 40 hours a week) or part-time (20 hours a week) employment for one year. It is also possible for student to complete two three-month, full-time experiences in two different organizations or venues.
- The position may be paid (either a professional salary or a stipend) or voluntary (unpaid). The organization may provide room and board (in lieu of or in addition to a salary.)
- The position must include an on-site supervisor who oversees the student according to the standards of the organization in which the student is working. SIT will ask for two specific documents from the on-site supervisor:
- A letter confirming the appointment of the student as an employee or intern in the organization. The letter should provide a general description of the student's tasks and responsibilities, the dates of the expected contract, and identification of the on-site supervisor.
- A written evaluation of the student’s performance in the organization to be submitted to SIT at the end of the practicum.
Federal Work-Study Program
Local businesses and organizations may offer part-time positions to current SIT Graduate Institute students who are participating in the Federal Work-Study program. Students with a work-study position generally work between 8 and 12 hours each week. Please contact Director of Campus Life Tony Draplick if you are interested in participating in the program at 802.258.3361.
800.257.7751 (toll free in US)
802.258.3397 (outside the US)
PO Box 676, 1 Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA