Short-term professional training and academic programs in peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
Peacebuilders from more than 60 countries around the world have enhanced their knowledge and training in conflict transformation, management, and resolution through SIT’s CONTACT programs. Designed to accommodate diverse professional and geographic needs, CONTACT programs are offered in the US, South Asia, and online. Participants undertake a powerful process of study, self-reflection, community building, and collaborative problem solving within a multicultural learning environment.
Join a supportive global network of dedicated peace leaders.
CONTACT participants join a global community of individuals committed to nonviolent methods of resolving conflict and to the promotion of justice, human rights, and respect for diversity.
CONTACT participants can expect to
- explore the causes and complexities of contemporary conflicts.
- study theories of conflict transformation, community development, and leadership.
- investigate initiatives that can prevent repeated cycles of hostility, division, and violence.
- acquire new skills in dialogue, reconciliation, conflict intervention, and training.
- share forgiveness and reconciliation experiences from their own communities and traditions.
- develop relationships with a global network of peacebuilders for the shared task of building peace and promoting justice around the world.
CONTACT participants return home with valuable new skills and techniques to transform conflict in their own communities and beyond.
CONTACT's modular, tiered approach
Choose between different program options.
Using a modular, tiered approach, CONTACT programs can be taken as stand-alone courses or serve as a foundation toward a graduate certificate or master’s degree.
877.257.7751, extension 3433
PO Box 676, 1 Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA