SIT Commencement 2014
Saturday, May 31, 2014 – 10:00 AM
The 2014 SIT Graduate Institute commencement ceremony will take place on May 31, 2014, at 10:00 AM. Please look for email communication from the Registrar’s Office which will contain important details about commencement and forms you must complete and return to the Registrar’s Office. If you have any questions about these forms, or about commencement, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 802 258-3283 or by email at email@example.com.
The Graduation Ceremony
The ceremony will take place on May 31, 2014, at 10:00 AM at SIT Graduate Institute campus in Brattleboro, Vermont. Here are some important things you need to know now:
- You must register for the commencement ceremony by May 1, 2014 if you intend to participate.
- You will receive important materials from the Registrar’s Office. It is important that you thoroughly read these materials and return the required forms to officially register for graduation. There is a mandatory fee of $95.00 for those who wish to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- On Friday, May 30, 2014, a rehearsal will take place at 1:00 PM in Room 101 of the International Center on the SIT Graduate Institute campus. At the rehearsal, important logistical information will be shared which will make the commencement ceremony run smoothly.
- Because of the number of people expected in Brattleboro on graduation weekend, please consider booking your hotel or other accommodations as soon as possible.
- Each graduate will have the opportunity to wear a cap and gown for commencement. You may choose a custom SIT gown which must be returned following the ceremony or a traditional black gown which you may keep. All graduates will be allowed to keep their graduate hood and mortarboard cap. Please see the link above for more details about gown options. If you expect to participate in the May 31, 2014, ceremony and you have not received a graduation gown order form by April 1, 2014, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 802 258-3283 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons with Disabilities
Students attending graduation who would like to request assistance for themselves or their guests are asked to contact Jane Buckingham, director of Counseling and Disability Support Services, by May 1, 2013, at 802 258-3367 or by email at email@example.com.
Caps, Gowns, and Hoods
If you have registered for commencement, submitted a gown request, and paid the mandatory fee, you may pick up your cap and gown at the Student Activities Office, located on the second floor of the Student Center on the SIT Graduate Institute campus. You will receive your hood at the ceremony. You may pick up your cap and gown between Wednesday, May 28, 2014, and Friday, May 30, 2014. The office will be open from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM each day.
800.336.1616 (toll free in US)
802.258.3510 (outside the US)
PO Box 676, 1 Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA