SIT Graduate Institute TESOL Certificate
Become a World Learning SIT Graduate Institute Training Center
Our courses are provided through our worldwide network of training centers. Each goes through a rigourous vetting process before being certified by World Learning SIT Graduate Institute to run our courses.
What is a training center?
Our training centers include academic institutions such as colleges or universities, private language institutes, community centers and public, non-profit organizations. What they have in common is that all our centers are local leaders in language education and professional development.
Why become a Training Center?
- Professional development opportunities – We encourage our centers to nominate staff members to become certified World Learning SIT trainers
- Marketing – Aspiring teachers are becoming aware of the need for quality training. Your status as an SIT Training Center can set you apart from the competition.
- Additional revenue – Our courses use facilities that would otherwise be idle.
- Community outreach – Many centers use our courses to offer free English lessons to the public and raise their profiles in their respective communities.
What does it take to become a Training Center?
Other than the ability to meet our standards and a demonstrated commitment to quality, there are no set criteria to become a training center.
A Training Center must be able to ensure access to the following:
- the physical space to run a course
- materials for use by training teachers
- students for practice lessons
If your organization can demonstrate the willingness and the ability, you’ve got what we need.
How does an institution become a certified training center?
SIT emphasizes an experiential learning-by-doing process. The first step is to complete an application, and demonstrate the willingness and capacity to run a course. After that, we will work with you to set your institution up to succeed. After two successful courses, a center is then invited to be certified as a training center.
If you are interested in learning more about the process of becoming a certified SIT training center, and the possible benefits for your institution, contact us today.
"The SIT TESOL Certificate course goes beyond the "how-to" of teaching. Through experience, feedback and reflection, participants enter into a personal discovery of who they are, and who they can be, as teachers. Each time I train, I see participants' eyes light up as they begin to understand the possibilities of learning and growth open to them."
—Connie Tumavicus, trainer
SIT Graduate Institute TESOL Certificate Program
SIT Graduate Institute
1 Kipling Road, P.O. Box 676
Brattleboro, Vermont 05302-0676